World-class sports, headliner performances, and immersive outdoor adventures are just a few of the many highlights that make Secaucus a stand-out destination. This 6.5-square-mile town is close to renowned attractions, including MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford (one mile from Secaucus), where the New York Giants and Jets play, and the bucket-list-topping Meadowlands Race Track. Secaucus also offers quick access to the new star of the East Coast show: American Dream.
A world-class retail and entertainment hub, American Dream covers 3 million square feet with specialty shopping and luxury retail, that’s unlike virtually anywhere in the country. Shopping-wise, American Dream offers The Collections, a 200,000-square-foot building dedicated to luxury goods, iconic brands, and new-to-market, fashion-forward retail. The Collections is anchored by renowned brands like Saks Fifth Avenue and Hermes. If you’re searching for entertainment, you’re in luck—American Dream has it all! Highlights include North America’s largest fully enclosed DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park, a 16-story Big Snow Indoor Ski and Snow Park, Kidzania, a live performing arts theater, the 285-foot-tall Observation Wheel, CMX luxury movie theaters, Lego Discovery Center, an NHL-size ice rink, and 18-hole miniature golf, to name a few. And, with Secaucus just 10 minutes away driving, it’s the perfect place to stay for your visit to American Dream.
While you’re here, don’t miss Secaucus’ other main attractions, including the Hackensack Meadowlands Conservation and Wildlife Area—perfect for kayaking and hiking—as well as Laurel Hill Park, a riverfront park with sports fields and waterfront pathways. One of the area’s most beloved attractions, the Hackensack Riverkeeper, is a local community dedicated to keeping the Hackensack River Watershed safe. They offer a variety of programs to experience the area, including canoeing, kayaking, eco-cruises, nature walks, birding, and river cleanups.
5 Reasons to Visit Secaucus
- Visit American Dream: Secaucus is one of the best places to stay for a trip to the new American Dream. This world-class retail and entertainment destination is packed with immersive experiences and luxury shopping—all just 10 minutes driving or less from Secaucus.
- Shop at Plaza at Harmon Meadow: And the fun doesn’t stop with American Dream. The Plaza at Harmon Meadow, a spacious entertainment and shopping hub with over 17 unique restaurants, is located in Secaucus as well.
- Watch Pro Football: If you’re a football lover, you’re in luck: the New York Giants and Jets both play in Secaucus. Head over to MetLife Stadium to cheer them on!
- Attend a Concert: Famous musicians like Lady Gaga and Kenny Chesney perform at MetLife as well, which makes Secaucus the perfect place for a bucket-list concert trip.
- Hotel Options Abound: Whether you’re in town for American Dream or a night at MetLife, you can affordably stay at one of Secaucus’ many hotels, including the Courtyard by Marriott or Hyatt Place.