Located along the PATH Train (connecting to Manhattan), and just 15 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport, Harrison is a convenient and affordable “home base” for NYC and Hudson County visitors. Harrison, a 1.3-square-mile town, sits along the Passaic River. But, while small, this destination has plenty of attractions to offer.
First and foremost? Red Bull Arena. This Major League Soccer stadium is home to the MLS New York Red Bulls and the Sky Blue FC of the National Women’s Soccer League. Important soccer matches, including World Cup qualifiers, take place at the arena as well.
Art lovers can’t miss the nearby New Jersey Performing Arts Center. NJPAC, which hosts everything from live music and dance to speakers and family entertainment, is one of the largest performing arts centers in the U.S. The Prudential Center, also just a stone’s throw away in nearby Newark, hosts events like concerts, entertainment, and sports, including the New Jersey Devils NHL team and Seton Hall basketball games.
Dining-wise, Harrison has its own culinary staples, including local favorites like Ah’Pizz, La Fiamma, 5 Grains Rice, and TaKorea BBQ. And, for nature enthusiasts, the charming West Hudson Park, which offers everything from athletic facilities to walking trails and a fishing lake, is right on the Harrison-Kearny border.
5 Reasons to Visit Harrison
- Watch the NY Red Bulls: Harrison is perhaps best known for the impressive Red Bull Arena, home to the New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC. You can enjoy World Cup qualifiers and special tournaments from the arena as well.
- Go Fishing: West Hudson Park offers numerous activities, but one of the lesser-known attractions is its fishing. Just grab your rod, head over to the park pond, and see if you get lucky!
- Get Your Bubble Tea Fix: Stop by Little Sips Cafe to get a caffeine boost and a sweet treat! They have variety of tasty drinks, from Green Tea Lattes to Lychee Rose Soda, as well as plenty of assorted pastries and desserts. Don’t forget to try they’re specialty, Mochi Waffles!
- Try Creative Cocktails: Industrial digs and unique cocktails are just some of The Vanguard’s alluring features. Come summer, this hip hangout also offers outdoor dining.
- Location, location, location: Harrison is nothing if not convenient. With easy access to the PATH Train and Newark Airport, not to mention convenient hotels like the Element Hotel by Westin Harrison is the perfect place to stay on any trip to Hudson County or NYC.