West New York
While West New York boasts some of the area’s best skyline views—The Old Glory Park and Donnelly Memorial Park offer expansive NYC vantage points—this diverse town is more than just a photo opp. West New York’s Cuban population grew following World War II, which eventually led to the nickname “Havana on the Hudson.” Today, authentic Cuban flair and flavors can be found across the city.
Restaurants like Son Cubanos and Las Palmas serve up some of the area’s best Cuban bites. And for those with a sweet tooth, it’s hard to go wrong at local favorite and Argentinian must-try, Dulce De Leche Bakery.
The city’s renowned Bergenline Avenue, nicknamed the “Miracle Mile,” is a shopper’s paradise. This stretch of West New York has over 300 businesses, including apparel, jewelry, electronics, restaurants, and more.
5 Reasons to Visit West New York
- Shop your Heart Out: On Bergenline Avenue, the “Miracle Mile,” you can shop to your heart’s content, with everything from bridal shops to sporting goods stores—and plenty more.
- Embrace Diverse History: Known as “Havana on the Hudson,” West New York has a deep Cuban history, with numerous ethnic shops and entertainment venues that embrace this local culture.
- Try Zesty Cuisine: One of the best ways to experience West New York’s Cuban culture is also the tastiest. West New York is filled with Cuban restaurants and bakeries, and all are as authentic as it gets.
- Dance the Night Away: Hotspots like Las Palmas, a Cuban restaurant, transforms into a festive club come nightfall. Enjoy live, energetic music that’ll have you up and dancing within minutes.
- Enjoy the View: Like its neighbors, West New York offers a variety of NYC viewpoints. Soak up the scenery along the Hudson River walkway, or over dinner and drinks at the waterfront Son Cubanos restaurant.