Set atop the ridge of the lower Palisades, Union City is a scenic town with sweeping city vistas and a vibrant culture. This diverse destination is filled with delicious flavors: Try authentic Turkish bites at Beyti Kebab or Cuban favorites at El Unico de Elena if you don’t believe us!
Beyond its beloved culinary scene, Union City offers an expansive arts community for creatives. Park Theatre features performances like plays and musicals, while the nonprofit Union City Music Project empowers urban children through orchestra lessons.
Just like fellow Garden State communities, Union City has its own array of green space, including the local-favorite Washington Park, as well as the local Reservoir Park for jogging and walking.
If you want to visit Hudson County and NYC on a budget, Union City is the place for you. The Xplore Hotel and Hostel is just four miles from Manhattan, and offers free WiFi as well as an exercise room, not to mention easy access to public transportation.
5 Reasons to Visit Union City
- Enjoy Ethnic Flavors: Union City has a rich, diverse culture, which means the city’s food scene is out of this world. You can enjoy top-notch flavors including Cuban, Turkish, Italian, and more. Make sure you bring an appetite!
- Attend a Film Festival: The Union City International Film Festival features work from independent filmmakers across the world. This consistently growing event showcases 60 films each year.
- Enjoy Local Performances: The Park Theatre is a must-visit for dance lovers and music aficionados.
- Have a Picnic: The peaceful Washington Park has everything from gazebos to picnic areas and ornamental gardens to perfect that outdoor lunch or dinner.
- Walk the Reservoir: The new Weehawken and Union City Reservoir Park is perfect for a morning jog or stroll. From this 14-acre reservoir, set atop the Palisades, you can enjoy views of the NYC skyline, or take a break at one of many reservoir-path benches.