Have an event coming up? We’d love to share it!
Please submit events one month in advance to be considered
for the HC Shows & Goes Event Newsletter.
- This event has passed.
LSC Live from Surgery | Extract DNA at Home
June 30, 2020 @ 1:00 pm
Join Liberty Science Center’s Live From Surgery Team for our final live stream presentation before we take a break for the summer: Extract DNA at Home!
On June 30 at 1 PM, head to Liberty Science Center’s Facebook page and get an intro to genetics. During this program, you’ll even learn to extract DNA yourself – from a strawberry!
Feel free to watch or follow along with our live presenter. If you’re following along with us, you’ll need these materials:
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄3 cup rubbing alcohol
• 1⁄3 cup of water
• 1 tablespoon liquid soap (such as dishwashing detergent)
• Metal strainer (or funnel with paper towel, cheesecloth, or coffee filter in it)
• Drinking glass (or plastic cup)
• 3 strawberries (highly recommended, but can be done with other fruits such as banana, kiwi)
• Large sandwich sized zip-top plastic bag
• Toothpick (or bamboo skewer)
This live stream is free to all viewers! Be sure to like Liberty Science Center on Facebook to keep up with our weekly live streams.