Have an event coming up? We’d love to share it!
Please submit events one month in advance to be considered
for the HC Shows & Goes Event Newsletter.
- This event has passed.
Earth day Celebration and Folk & Bluegrass Festival
April 23 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
This free, family friendly, outdoor event will offer engaging nature-inspired activities and fitness class demos for all ages, healthy & delicious food, a green artisan market, and will include The NJ Folk & Bluegrass Music Festival. As NJ’s first LEED certified city, Hoboken is the perfect place for this event celebrating Mother Earth and promoting sustainable living.
As an exciting new addition, this year’s event will feature the first annual NJ Folk & Bluegrass Music Festival by ALEO Productions, showcasing the area’s most talented musicians. Here’s the Schedule & LineUp:
- 11a – Gospel Bluegrass with The Dirty Water Dogs – gospel, in the bluegrass tradition
- 1130a – Hoboken School of Rock
- 1230p – Brendan Hartnett – singer/guitarist playing traditional and original folk
- 1p – Demolition String Band – local legends, Boo & Elena weave their rustic harmonies
- 2p – ALEOfolk Community Jam – bring your instrument and join them!
- 3p – Davey and the Trainwrecks-original music by a few of Hoboken’s Sons celebrating the point where folk became electric!
For the kids, there will be face painting, a community recycled art project and the NJ Snake Man will be on hand offering interactive encounters with tropical birds, reptiles & snakes.