*Temporarily: All events are subject to change*
Have an event coming up? We'd love to share it!
- This event has passed.
Vintage Around the Park
October 16, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Vintage Truck and Hoboken Historical Museum are hosting a pop-up vintage shopping fair, “Vintage Around the Park,” in Shipyard Park on Saturday, Oct. 16, from 10 am – 5 pm with over 20 local vendors offering carefully curated collections of vintage and hand-embellished fashions and other items at price points for every budget.
Vintage shopping is growing in popularity as shoppers look for sustainable ways to refresh their wardrobes and home décor with conversation-starter pieces. Faith Lauter recently turned her passion for vintage fashions into The Vintage Truck, a new business offering locally sourced vintage goods stamped with her personal aesthetic, as a sustainable alternative to fast-fashion and online shopping. For the “Vintage Around the Park” fair, Lauter has selected over two dozen vendors from around the Hoboken area who share her passion for collecting or creating wares with a retro sensibility.
To help shoppers make these rare finds work within their own wardrobes, Hoboken-based professional fashion stylist Rachel Varney (@styledbyrv) will be on hand with advice on how to wear and pair these unique pieces. Lauter has also arranged for refreshments from an artisanal coffee vendor and a local small-batch baker, Do Good Donuts (@dogood_donuts). A performance by the band New Orleans Renaissance will translate the vintage vibe into music.
For sneak peeks in advance of the fair, Instagrammers can follow @VintageAroundNJ. Highlights include:
- Fashions inspired by the Old Wild West from Shari Tata (@shari_tata_);
- Statement furniture pieces with a mid-century modern vibe from Into the Void Antiques (@intothevoidantiques);
- Funky and fun vintage Halloween decorations and other décor accessories from Junk in the Jeep (@junkinthejeep);
- Handmade upcycled designer accessories including handbags, clothes and leather goods from Style Halo (@stylehalo);
- Spiritually inspired hand-crafted jewelry from Divine Sirians (@divinesirians);
- Sought-after mid-century modern and industrial furniture from Schvvanks (@schvvanks);
- Eclectic and selective items from longtime Hoboken vintage mecca, Revival Vintage Boutique (@revivalvintageb);
- Upcycled statement accessories made from antique jewelry, tile, gems, and broaches (@laurendashoppe);
- Hand-painted jeans and other one-of-a-kind creations from Helen the Brand (@helenthebrand); and
- Conversation-starter wardrobe and home décor items with a masculine vibe from RustNRetro (@rustnretro).
Whatever the taste or budget, Vintage Around the Park will offer Hobokenites a sustainable alternative to online shopping just in time for Halloween and the upcoming holiday party and gift-giving season. All are invited to stop by simply to browse and enjoy the afternoon, but bring a big tote bag, just in case.