With accolades like “one of the 25 most livable US cities” to a “top 10 best city for recent college grads,” America is figuring out what locals have known all along: Jersey City is a great place to live, work, and play! The energy in this vibrant, bustling community is contagious. Whether you’re a food lover, craft beer enthusiast, arts aficionado, or history buff, you’ll never get bored on a trip to Jersey City. Plus, with PATH train, bus, and ferry access, Manhattan is just a quick ride away from Jersey City—although we promise, with the city’s array of entertainment and dining options, you may never want to leave!
Bucket-list attractions like the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are easily accessible from Jersey City’s renowned attraction, Liberty State Park. At this 1,200-acre waterfront park, you can stroll the skyline-view promenade, host a scenic picnic, or hop on a Statue Cruises tour to visit Ellis Island and the Statue—without the Manhattan-side crowds. Cap your day off at the immersive Liberty Science Center, another premiere Jersey City attraction.
The fun doesn’t stop there. Jersey City is brimming with top-notch entertainment, including live music, performances, and dining at the hip and historic White Eagle Hall in downtown Jersey City. For thrill-seekers and speed demons, the RPM Raceway can’t be missed. Here, you can try go-kart racing on European-style tracks, with arcade games, VR battles, bowling, and dining available as well.
If you’re an arts lover, don’t miss Jersey City’s plethora of experiences, including Mana Contemporary, an experiential arts center, as well as the popular JCAST (Jersey City Artist & Studio Tour), when nearly 150 art spaces on their doors to the public. Love street art? You’re in luck! We hand-crafted a self-guided Jersey City Mural Walking Tour just for you. And, history buffs, listen up: We also have curated historical walking tours throughout Jersey City. To access these routes, you can visit this link or text the word Hudson to 56512.
Come for the attractions, stay for the eats. Whether it’s pasta at the famed Razza, an iconic Italian eatery, or sushi at the elegant Domodomo, you’ll always leave Jersey City with a full and satisfied belly! Cocktail lovers won’t leave thirsty, either. Harry’s Daughter, known for its eclectic décor and creative recipes, and the hip Low Fidelity are just a few of the many places you can sip away in Jersey City. If you’re hosting an event—be it a wedding, family gathering, or corporate party—upscale local venues like the Battery Park-view Liberty House Restaurant in Liberty State Park and the chic waterfront Battello restaurant are great event options.
Enjoy the best of Jersey City with easy and intermittent stops into New York City by staying in one of town’s sleek and downtown Manhattan-view hotels. Options include the posh Hyatt House and the waterfront Hyatt Regency, to name a few.
5 Reasons to Visit Jersey City
- Explore American History: Jersey City is one of the best places to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island because, among other reasons, you can hop on a Statue Cruises boat without the long lines often found when visiting from the NYC side.
- Visit a Brewery: Local brewery Departed Soles isn’t just delicious—its tap room is dog friendly! This Jersey City favorite has a variety of regular and gluten-free craft brews, each one is more delicious than the last.
- Stop by a Distillery: If vodka and gin are more your thing, visit the Corgi Spirits distillery. Here, you can tour the facilities or enjoy fresh-made cocktails in the taproom or outdoor patio.
- Pay Respect to 9/11 Victims: The Empty Sky Memorial honors 749 New Jersey residents who lost their lives during the terrorist attacks of September 11. This solemn walkway in Liberty State Park leads to a view of the former spot of the World Trade Center buildings.
- Catch an Old-School Flick: In Journal Square, you can catch a classic film or live concert in a 1920s movie theater, The Landmark Loew’s Jersey Theatre.