The latest American Dream updates for
Holiday 2021 and Beyond
The opening of American Dream, a world-class retail and entertainment destination, brought national excitement to northern New Jersey in late 2019. And now, there’s more where that came from. American Dream continues to expand its array of offerings, and today, we’re sharing the latest and greatest updates from this renowned northern New Jersey attraction.
Quick Background on American Dream
If it’s your first time visiting American Dream, located at 1 American Dream Way in East Rutherford, welcome! You’re in for a treat. American Dream boasts 3 million square feet of shopping, entertainment, and more, with 450 retail shops, over 100 eateries, a host of entertainment options (think an indoor ice rink, mini golf, and rock climbing), not to mention family-friendly fun like Nickelodeon Universe and DreamWorks Water Park. Click here to learn more.
‘Tis the season!
The holiday shopping season is upon us, and American Dream has a host of ways to gear up for the season:
- Shop to Spin: Guests who shop at specific retailers can spin the American Dream giveaway wheel to win prizes such as attraction tickets or swag.
- Chanukah: American Dream is celebrating Chanukah with a nightly lighting of their 30’x30’ menorah, designed by New Jersey’s very own Jonathan Adler.
- The Dream Stage: Enjoy live holiday entertainment from local bands, artists, and performers from November 26 through December 24.
- Candy Cane Chute: Few things get guests into the holiday spirit like the double-decker candy chute, which American Dream elves use to hand out candy canes to guests throughout the season at Court C.
- See Santa: Whether it’s photographs with Santa around The Avenue, skating with Santa on select dates at The Rink, seeing Santa Spongebob at Nickelodeon Universe, or meeting Santa Shrek at DreamWorks Water Park, there are plenty of opportunities to see Santa at American Dream this holiday. You can also write a letter to Santa or decorate ornaments at Nickelodeon Universe, too.
- American Dream Gifts: Give the gift of memories with one of the American Dream gift packages this holiday. These curated gift options include Brunch with
- Spongebob and Friends at Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park, DreamWorks Water Park After Dark for the ultimate VIP experience, a “Shopping Tour with Style” including personal style advice along The Avenue—and much more.
- LEGOLAND: Explore Miniland a recreation of NYC and NJ from over 1.5 million LEGO Bricks.
What’s new in 2021
The fun is only getting started at American Dream, with a host of new offerings that just opened this year. Here are some of the exciting updates:
Introducing “The Avenue” Luxury Wing
American Dream’s exciting new luxury wing, The Avenue, opened this fall with a host of high-end retailers, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Dolce & Gabbana, Hermès, Johnny Was, and Mulberry. It’s also home to the fine-dining restaurant, Carpaccio.
More New Shopping at American Dream
- DSW in Garden Court (level 3) is now open and offering shoes, sandals, handbags, and accessories.
- Hip boutique RJ’s Closet (court D, level 2) boasts chic-but-edgy clothing with bold designs—not to mention onsite stylists.
- Scarce, a must-stop for luxury streetwear, is now open at court D, level 2.
American Dream’s New Dining Options
Dessert lovers, take note: The first-ever Oreo Café—a café fully dedicated to the delicious cream-filled cookie—is now open at parks court, level 3, inside IT’SUGAR.
Blue Whale, a contemporary Chinese dessert shop, is open and ready to share its delicious goods—think pudding, jelly, fruit balls, ice cream, and yogurt—with the world. It’s at parks court, level 1.
Don’t miss the first U.S. location for German Doner Kebab, a world-renowned chain that promises fresh and delicious kebabs. It’s now open at court A, level 2.
American Dream is located near MetLife Stadium, home to the New York Jets and Giants, so it only makes sense that American Dream Fan Zone offers the best in game-day fun. The Fan Zone features pre-game-day experiences, with family friendly games, a live DJ, face painting, giveaways, and more. The experience runs on select Sundays through December. (Buy tickets here.)
In addition to fashion and game-day fun, American Dream has unveiled a handful of new rides this year, including Boots’ Banana Swing, a fun swing that lets riders join Dora the Explorer’s buddy Boots on a ride through the rainforest treetops at Nickelodeon Universe. To stay in the loop on all of American Dream’s new offerings, follow their Facebook page here.